Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC | VolunteerPro
Terms of Service (User Agreement)
Effective January 24, 2020
The VolunteerPro Premium Membership Community is a subscription-based online training, coaching, and implementation program and community for volunteer services managers. The VolunteerPro Volunteer Management Academy is a portal of on-demand online courses for the professional development of volunteer managers and other staff who work directly with volunteers. Both are operated by Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC (“us” or “our”).
VolunteerPro membership offers carefully curated information in the form of live online learning events, multimedia masterclass replays, moderated discussion forums, and a database of proven and immediately-available plug-n-play tools. Community members also have access to a network of like-minded peers and experts who offer compassionate support and are deeply committed to their success. Membership is accessed via desktop, and individual masterclass completion certificates are made available to students who attend live.
VolunteerPro Volunteer Management Academy courses offer carefully-designed self-study modules with video recordings, downloadable tools and templates, and review quizzes that help students tackle a focused challenge at their organization. All courses can be accessed via desktop and via a mobile app. They also include the ability to post questions inside the course platform that are reviewed and answered quickly. Our Signature Courses also include live group coaching calls, and the recording are posted in the course. Upon completion of all modules, students immediately receive an email confirmation.
REGISTRATION AS A VOLUNTERRPRO PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP COMMUNITY MEMBER
VolunteerPro offers Premium Membership Community Content and Services exclusively to subscribed members only.
During the enrollment process, once payment is received, we will create a VolunteerPro membership account for you. These Terms of Service will take effect as soon as you indicate agreement through your first payment. Within one business day of receipt of payment, you will receive via email the log in credentials needed to access VolunteerPro Content and Services.
Our Terms of Service are posted in the community for review at any time. When our Terms of Service are updated, we will notify you immediately.
We will also send you a welcome email and subscribe you to receive our weekly member update email. These weekly emails are one way we remind your of upcoming event and important changes or updates to your membership.
VolunteerPro memberships are granted on an individual basis. You may not rent, sell or charge to access to your VolunteerPro account, log in, or password. Likewise, you may not transfer, reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password, account, or live event registration links with others, including with co-workers inside your agency, unless specifically authorized in writing by us.
If you need to change your user name or email or transfer your membership to another person at your agency, please email us at email@example.com. If you are transferring a membership, we will confirm with both parties and switch the registration within one business day of confirmation.
Failure to comply will result in a termination of your membership, effective immediately, without refund of your membership fee, either in full or in part.
REGISTRATION AS A VOLUNTERRPRO VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT ACADEMY STUDENT
VolunteerPro offers Volunteer Management Academy Course Content and Services exclusively to enrolled students only for the timeframe specified at purchase. This is a separate service from the VolunteerPro Premium Membership Community.
Once payment is received during the enrollment process, we will create a Volunteer Management Academy student account for you. These Terms of Service will take effect as soon as you indicate agreement through your first payment. Upon receipt of payment, you will immediately receive via email the login credentials needed to access Volunteer Management Academy Course Content and Services on our course platform.
Access to Volunteer Management Academy Content and Services are granted on an individual basis. You may not rent, sell or charge to access to your VolunteerPro account, log in, or password. Likewise, you may not transfer, reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password, account, or live event registration links with others, including with co-workers inside your agency, unless specifically authorized in writing by us.
If you need to reach us with questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to comply will result in termination of course access, effective immediately, without refund of your enrollment fee, either in full or in part.
VolunteerPro membership and online courses are intended to offer a positive and professional networking and development community for everyone. Your conduct and interaction with fellow members or students should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. We strive to provide a constructive atmosphere where volunteer professionals can test new ideas and grow their skills in a safe and supportive environment. Please help us keep it positive.
- You’ll follow the VolunteerPro code of conduct:
- You won’t use VolunteerPro Content or Services for commercial purposes.
- You won’t share VolunteerPro Content or Services, or log-in access, with non-members, including co-workers at your organization or others. Downloaded tools and templates may be shared with others at your agency for the express purpose of volunteer program development only.
- If you are a Premium Membership Community member, you may invite co-workers to view VolunteerPro live masterclasses with you. This is open to as many as you can fit around the computer screen. There is no limit on how many people in your office listen in, as long as they all work for your organization. Your membership, however, includes only one connection and one log in by you, the registered member.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your computer system or mobile device and internet connection is properly configured to watch and listen to live VolunteerPro events and online content.
- You understand that it is up to you to work with your IT staff to configure your email inbox so that you receive all updates from VolunteerPro, and they are not blocked by your email server.
- If you are a Premium Membership Community member, you are responsible for configuring your email notification settings in your community profile to a level and frequency that works best for you.
- You won’t do anything that is illegal in your local jurisdiction or in the United States of America.
- You won’t post any photos or videos or media of any type that contain nudity, offensive, or discriminatory content, or that is not appropriate for a work environment.
- You won’t harass, threaten, or intentionally hurt other people.
- You understand that spirited debate is often a healthy part of growth; you are encouraged to disagree without being disagreeable.
- You won’t post copyrighted content that belongs to someone else without their written permission.
- You won’t post spam, promotional content, or links to phishing sites.
- You won’t post political or religious content, unless it is directly related to the nonprofit sector or volunteerism.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You understand that you are solely responsible for the content that you post, whether it is posted publicly or to private groups or individuals.
- You understand that all live VolunteerPro events are recorded and your comments and recorded likeness will be made available to authorized persons.
- You agree to license the content you post, royalty-free, forever, worldwide, to Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC for the purpose of promoting VolunteerPro, displaying it in the VolunteerPro community, and making it available to other members.
- We hope to become your ideal professional community. As such, we aspire to be:
- We are interested in your needs and will actively solicit and take your suggestions and feedback into consideration when designing Content and Services for our membership. Please email us at email@example.com with suggestions or to raise concerns.
- We will work hard to research and create the most effective ideas and tools for our member’s organizations.
- We will only disclose your personal information and/or content if we are required to do so by law, usually though not necessarily through a subpoena.
- We respect copyright and will respond to copyright infringement claims per your request or if necessary to protect other people.
- We will not sell, share, or distribute your personal information to third parties, unless you so authorize.
- If you ever want to export the content you have posted on VolunteerPro, we will assist you as best we can, subject to a price quote.
The VolunteerPro Premium Membership Community is a private, member-only community. Members have the responsibility to configure their own privacy settings using the VolunteerPro community software.
VolunteerPro Volunteer Management Academy courses are made available to any registered student, included course made available at no charge.
Disclosure of your personal contact information, both inside and outside the community and our courses, is at your discretion.
Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC does not share, sell or rent its member or students contact lists. We will never share your information with anyone, including other VolunteerPro members or students, without your written permission.
Your payment log in is private and password protected. VolunteerPro staff does not have access to your personal credit card, account, or log in information. We are not be responsible for unauthorized access to your account.
Because VolunteerPro Content and Services are fee-based, we can offer them to members and students without the distraction of advertisements. Tobi Johnson & Associates LCC does not permit advertising with the VolunteerPro community or in its courses and will not share cookie information or other personally identifiable information concerning course or community activity with advertisers or others.
Payment must be received prior to access to Content and Services in accordance with VolunteerPro | Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC payment terms.
Any alternate agreements must be agreed to in writing and can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to approve or deny any purchasing or billing request.
Once a purchase is made, our system will generate an invoice and proof of payment that will be emailed to the email address used during he payment process. Because these are automated emails, they often find their way to spam folders. So, heck there first if it doesn’t arrive. If it is not received, email email@example.com and we will re-send it.
When purchasing an online course, students will receive log in credentials and instructions for accessing the course contents, in most cases, immediately upon purchase
When joining the VolunteerPro Premium Membership Community, members purchase recurring subscriptions and commit to the folllowing payment requirements:
• Annual Full Pay Membership – The annual fee will be automatically renewed each year via the credit card on file. Members can change the payment method on file, or cancel my current membership, simply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org anytime before the their current membership period elapses.
• Annual 12-pay Membership – The credit card on file will be charged every 30 days for 12 months at the per month fee offered at enrollment. Members can change their payment method on file by emailing email@example.com anytime before the the end of my current payment cycle.
• Other Membership Cycles – Both 6-month and quarterly recurring subscriptions were made available in the past. And, as long as those subscriptions are actively maintained, existing members are “grandfathered in” can keep them for perpetuity. If a legacy membership lapses, only the new membership options will be made available. Membership fees will be automatically renewed each period via the credit card on file. Members can change the payment method on file, or cancel my current membership, simply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org anytime before the their current membership period elapses.
If you purchase a recurring membership, you agree that the membership that you purchased will automatically renew until you cancel. We will alert you when your membership will soon expire and give you the opportunity to cancel if you wish. There are no refunds or fees paid when we are not informed a member wishes to cancel after the renewal date.
If your membership is subject to any type of use or state sales tax, then Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC may charge you for those taxes in addition to the subscription fee. You agree that you will not use IP proxies or other methods to purchase in order to disguise the place of your residence for any purpose.
By providing payment information, you represent to us that you are the authorized user of the card, PIN, key or account associated with that payment and you authorize us to process that payment with the third-party payment processor for any applicable recurring payments.
You agree to maintain up-to-date payment information (billing address, credit card number, expiration date, PayPal or other payment account number) in our third-party payment processor system, if made available to you.
If you purchase anything through us, you authorize us to verify information via third party databases related to transactions you may be making. You also allow us to share necessary information related to such purchases with involved parties such as credit card companies and other financial entities/facilitators.
In special cases, Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC may offer free VolunteerPro membership subscriptions at our discretion. Members who receive complimentary memberships are also subject to all applicable terms of service and member guidelines outlined in this agreement.
All new members receive a 14-day Money Back Guarantee. If you notify us in writing within 14 calendar days of the registration date that you are unsatisfied with VolunteerPro Content and Services, we will offer a refund, no questions asked. We reserve the right to cancel a subscription at any time for any reason, at our sole discretion; this includes lack of payment by you.
If you wish to cancel membership, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com or via our third-party payment processor system, if it is made available to you.
Please email your notice of cancellation to us from the email address of record for your account (otherwise we cannot verify your identity). Your notice of cancellation must be made 7 days prior to the next billing cycle or you will be billed for an additional month before your account is terminated.
Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC may suspend and/or delete your account and all content that you have posted if you violate these Terms of Service, if you request such action, at the request of legal authorities, if you are inactive for an extended period of time, or for other reasons at our sole discretion.
Money Back Guarantees are not offered with VolunteerPro Volunteer Management Academy courses.
You understand that Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC has the right to pre-screen, refuse, temporarily or permanently disable, delete, or move any content or users at our discretion. You also understand that once your account is closed that all of your content and information may be deleted at any time.
OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT & SERVICES
All title, ownership rights, intellectual property rights in and to the Content and Services and any and all copies thereof, are wholly owned, worldwide by Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC and/or its affiliates’ licensors. All rights are reserved, except as expressly stated herein.
The Content and Services are protected by copyright laws, international copyright treaties and conventions, and other laws. VolunteerPro Content and Services contain certain licensed materials, and Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC nd its affiliates’ licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this agreement.
You understand that, should any new inventive concepts or aspects arise through use of the Service, whether copyright, patent, trademark, or otherwise protectable under the applicable laws of the United States, all such new inventive concepts or aspects are wholly owned, world-wide, by Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
User Generated Content” means any content you make available to other VolunteerPro members through your use of Content and Services or otherwise.
VolunteerPro members are expressly prohibited from uploading or sharing Content that is subject to copyright without the express permission, in writing, of its owner(s). You understand that if you upload or share content, you assume any liability for copyright infringement. We reserve the right to request documentation of such permissions.
We reserve the right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, transcode, translate, broadcast, and/or otherwise communicate and/or publicly display and/or publicly perform your User Generated Content, and derivative works of your User Generated Content, in connection with the operation and promotion of the VolunteerPro community.
If you provide Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC with feedback or suggestions about VolunteerPro Content or Services, Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC is free to use the feedback and suggestions however it chooses without obligation whatsoever to you.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT AND SERVICES
Be aware that we take intellectual property infringement seriously.
You may not use VolunteerPro Content and Services for any other purpose other than the permitted access to VolunteerPro and to make non-commercial use of your individual membership benefits.
Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC retains all intellectual property (IP) rights in all Content and Services provided by VolunteerPro, including, but not limited to, patent rights, trademark/servicemark rights, trade secrets, copyrights, domain name rights, and all related first serial rights and other intellectual property rights as may be allowable under applicable United States and international laws.
We give you one royalty-free license in the IP rights in all VolunteerPro Content and Services. You understand that this license is for your personal and lawful use of the relevant work product(s) and that IP rights in any derivative works, modifications or amendments to any work product(s) belong solely to Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC without reservation. All IP rights to ideas and sample products outside the Content and Services belong solely to Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC without reservation.
You may not copy, photocopy, reproduce, publish, distribute, translate, create derivative works based on, or remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Contract or Services, whether in whole or in part, for commercial purposes or with the intent to share with others (with or without remuneration), without the prior consent, in writing, of Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC .
Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement may result in cancellation of membership or course access and loss of all privileges and content you have posted.
In addition, you may be liable for damages and other costs, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, by your failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC expressly reserves any and all legal causes of action available to us for your failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, INDEMNITY, NO GUARANTEES
IN NO EVENT SHALL TOBI JOHNSON & ASSSOCIATES LLC BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE (OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE), EVEN IF TOBI JOHNSON & ASSSOCIATES LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TOBI JOHNSON & ASSSOCIATES LLC’s LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO TOBI JOHNSON & ASSSOCIATES LLC FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
You agree to indemnify and hold Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit or post through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
You understand that the service is provided “as-is” and on an “as available” basis. There are no performance guarantees, nor warranties for fitness, nor warranties for a particular use, of any kind whatsoever.
You also agree that Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC is not liable for any damages that may occur through your use of the service, because of service unavailability or feature-loss, or because of any data loss that may occur. In addition, though best efforts will be made to maintain a secure data environment, we are not liable for any damage or harm caused due to security breaches by outside parties, including, but not limited to, spam, phishing, hacking, corrupt files, and etc.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGREEMENT
Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC may amend these Terms of Service unilaterally at any time at our discretion. When this occurs, you will be notified of any amendments, via your email of record, 30 days prior to activation.
This agreement and its terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee. You and Tobi Johnson & Associates LLC agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Knox County, Tennessee, United States of America.
If you have questions about these policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.