Our Second Annual Global Survey!
2017 Volunteer Management Progress Report
- Curious how leaders of volunteers rate their level of support from agency leadership?
- Interested in how salaries compare across organizations?
- Searching for the average ratio of volunteers to direct supervisor?
WHAT’S included in the report?
The 46-page state-of-the-industry report includes charts and analysis of the 38 open- and closed-ended questions volunteer managers answered.
WHO took the survey?
1,314 leaders of volunteers, from 19 countries, representing all kinds and sizes of organizations and causes, including nonprofits, government agencies, and businesses that involve volunteers in communities.
WHAT does the survey cover?
The goal of this “state of the industry” survey is to paint a better picture of today’s volunteer management professionals while taking into account their organizational characteristics, resources, location, etc.
WHY conduct a survey of volunteer management?
Our field needs this. Although researchers have conducted similar surveys, none have attempted to understand trends over time through a survey that occurs (and evolves) every year.
We all need this information to be better advocates.
- Volunteer resource managers can benefit from seeing how their colleagues rate their own priorities, challenges, and opportunities.
- Volunteer-led organizations need clear benchmarks to help them make meaningful comparisons and informed decisions about their volunteer engagement.
- Nonprofit consultants, trainers, and capacity builders need to know which are the greatest needs for our field.
- And, we need this information updated every year. We plan to conduct this survey each year so that we can begin to track emerging trends in our field.
WHO helped distribute the survey?
We are grateful for the help of the following distribution partners and others. If you are interested in helping next year, please email Tobi at email@example.com, and we’ll get you on the list of distribution partners and alert you next fall.
- America’s Service Commissions
- Association of Leaders in Volunteer Engagement (AL!VE)
- Australasian Association for Managers of Volunteers
- Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration (CCVA)
- Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration (MAVA)
- Points of Light/HandsOn Network
- Pracademics Section, Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA)
- Rob Jackson Consulting Ltd
- Twenty Hats
- Volunteer Today
- Volunteering Victoria
Who can I CONTACT for more info?
For more information about this project, contact Tobi Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.