To start – we recently announced that VolunteerPro and VolunteerMatch are teaming up to launch a new podcast! Want to help us name the podcast and have a chance at winning some prizes? Enter our Podcast Naming Contest by March 22.
Advocating for Volunteer Coordinators
- Elisa Kosarin explains why volunteer managers (and their co-workers) love technology better than staff meetings in her post on Twenty Hats.
- Flutterbye outlines the benefits of Building Capacity through Volunteer Leadership.
- In The power of listening … and of new boots, Angela Wilson, AVM Director, talks about how buying a new pair of boots helped her realize the importance of listening in a mentoring relationship.
- Jayne Cravens talks about why volunteer managers should not listen to their gut when it comes to decision making in volunteer managers: you are NOT psychic!
- This helpful video from the Conscious Leadership Group explains the process of Locating Yourself – A Key to Conscious Leadership.
- Nonprofit has some great advice on How to find and encourage volunteers through social media.
Volunteer Advice & Involvement
- Emily, whose day job is volunteer coordinator at Meals on Wheels of Central MD in Baltimore, MD has embarked on an inspiring mission to volunteer for a different nonprofit organization every weekend for a whole year. Read about her experiences and follow along in her blog VolunteerAYear.
- Irem Tunc shared her experiences volunteering with Baker-Ripley in From Helping To Belonging: The Journey Of A Volunteer.