Tobi JohnsonModeratorAugust 28, 2018 at 2:39 pmPost count: 17
Post your questions and comments for Lesson 1 below.
Alison Jones-NassarOctober 13, 2018 at 7:09 pmPost count: 3
The wording for quiz 1, question 3 is very awkwardly/strangely worded. Might want to revise that.
Tobi JohnsonOctober 15, 2018 at 1:02 pmPost count: 19
Thanks for the feedback, @Alison. It’s super helpful and specific. 🙂 I’ll re-word it next time it in the next iteration.
Michelle VeinotOctober 16, 2018 at 6:21 pmPost count: 1
Hi Tobi, for the 2nd video in lesson 1, is it just slides or is there supposed to be a video with you as well? Thanks and have a good day 🙂
Tobi JohnsonOctober 17, 2018 at 5:28 pmPost count: 19
@Michelle — There are three video Lessons in Module 1 — they all have video icons next to them. all of the handouts have DOWNLOAD in their title and have a document icon next to them. When you open up a video lesson, all it will include is the video itself.
If you’re not seeing the video progress when you click on the video play button, cut and paste the course URL into its own browser window. That will generally rectify things. If not, check out the video tips email I sent yesterday. I’ve also included them below …
Troubleshoot Your Video Streaming
1) Cut and paste the course login link (see below) into its own browser window. This is the first thing to try, and it usually fixes the problem without hassle.
2) Check your bandwidth. We recommend network download speeds of 3Mbps or higher. You can use this speed test (http://www.speedtest.net) to gauge your Internet speed to see if that may be at the root of the problem. Keep in mind that bandwidth can fluctuate, especially on Wifi or cellular networks.
3) Restart your computer. Sometimes you just need to clear away the “ghosts” in your machine.
4) Clear your browser cache and restart your browser. Clearing your history, cookies, data, and cache will help optimize your performance by clearing out the old junk. You can find step-by-step instructions on how to do this using a variety of browsers here (https://www.pcmag.com)
5) Try using another browser. Not sure what browser you’re using? You can check it here (http://whatbrowser.org)
Jenny BeattyOctober 18, 2018 at 2:18 pmPost count: 2
The cut and paste fix seemed to help. It now allows me to advance through the video to pick up where I was kicked off before. And since I then was able to finish – I get the green check. Thanks!
Minor point, but the first video is more than the listed 45 minutes.
Tobi JohnsonOctober 18, 2018 at 2:24 pmPost count: 19
@Jenny — Super! Glad to hear you’re able to move through the videos now without a hitch. And, thanks for the feedback on the time listed. I believe the other videos should be correct. 🙂
- This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Tobi Johnson.
Chelsey BanaskavichOctober 24, 2018 at 7:08 pmPost count: 2
Could we get a copy with larger slides on the handouts? My copies printed out blurry and very small. Wonderful content so far! Thanks-Chelsey
Tobi JohnsonNovember 12, 2018 at 9:58 pmPost count: 19
@Chelsey — Thanks for the feedback. The smaller slides have now been replaced with 2 per page for easier reading. 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.