[Webinar] Budgeting 101 for Volunteer Coordinators:
How to Build a Plan That Gets Support
Wednesday, February 1, 3:00PM – 4:00PM EST/12:00PM – 1:00PM PST
Join us and learn how to create and manage a line item budget that accurately represents
your volunteer department’s value and promotes realistic needs.
- Hoping to develop an operating budget for a program that has never had one?
- Wondering what to include in a budget specifically for volunteer services?
- Need to develop a budget for a grant proposal and have no idea where to start?
- Wishing you could gain greater control over your fiscal future?
It’s surprising how many volunteer coordinators either don’t have a program budget or haven’t been shown it. Not having a say in your fiscal future puts you at a major disadvantage. Even if you don’t have the authority to approve expenditures, you should take an active part in the financial planning process.
In this webinar, we will share the basics of financial planning and budgeting you can use to influence funding decisions within your organization and with external grantors. It’s time to get a handle on what it actually costs to run a successful volunteer program and get the robust support you need!
You’ll learn …
- How to develop an accurate line item operating budget, step-by-step
- How to approach budgeting in different ways, depending on your situation
- How to track expenses over time, so you’re up to date on your “burn rate”
- How to present your financial needs to potential funders in ways that work
You’ll get these BONUS materials …
- Budget & Grant Planning Tip Sheet
- Budget Planning Spreadsheet
- PDF of Slides
- Video Recording of the Webinar
Free for VolunteerPro members | Join VolunteerPro
$59 for non-members | CLICK Here to Register
Tobi Johnson is president and founder of VolunteerPro | Tobi Johnson & Associates and is an international speaker and expert in the field of volunteerism. With over 30 years nonprofit experience, Tobi focuses exclusively on training and consulting with nonprofits to strengthen their volunteer strategy.
Tracey Farr, MAOM, is the Community Concierge for VolunteerPro. Before coming to VolunteerPro, she was the Development Coordinator for the East Tennessee Technology Access Center and has over 18 years of non-profit experience in development, fundraising, marketing and communications. Tracey is also a business management lecturer at Pellissipi State Community College.